- 4 cod fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cod fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Make sure the fillets are evenly coated.
- Bake the cod in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- While the cod is baking, prepare the mango salsa. In a bowl, combine the diced mango, chopped red bell pepper, chopped red onion, chopped jalapeno pepper, lime juice, and fresh cilantro. Mix well to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Once the cod is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the baked cod fillets with a generous scoop of mango salsa on top.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 9g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy the delightful combination of flavors in this Baked Cod with Mango Salsa dish. The succulent cod fillets are seasoned with aromatic spices and complemented by the sweet and tangy mango salsa. This dish is not only delicious but also a good source of lean protein and essential nutrients. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or rice for a well-rounded meal.