- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking dish with foil or lightly grease it.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside. Rinse the peppers with water and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onion and garlic to the skillet with the turkey and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, diced tomatoes, parsley, dried oregano, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the quinoa and turkey mixture. Place them in the prepared baking dish.
- If desired, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the stuffed bell peppers cool for a few minutes before serving.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 279
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 8g
Enjoy the delicious and nutritious Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa and Turkey as a satisfying and healthy meal. This recipe provides a good balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats, making it a nutritious choice for your diet.