Chicken and vegetable kabobs with couscous
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken, bell peppers, red onion, and zucchini onto skewers, alternating the ingredients. Brush the kabobs with olive oil and season with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the kabobs for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- While the kabobs are grilling, prepare the couscous. In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover the pot, and remove it from the heat. Let the couscous sit for 5-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the chopped parsley.
- To serve, divide the couscous among four plates and top with the chicken and vegetable kabobs.
Calorie Breakdown: This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
- 350 calories
- 32g protein
- 37g carbohydrates
- 9g fat
- 5g fiber
Note: Calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size.