Grilled steak with roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato wedges
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the flank steak, making sure to coat both sides.
- Grill the flank steak for 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak is resting, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the halved Brussels sprouts and sweet potato wedges with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Drizzle the roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar and toss to coat.
- To serve, slice the grilled flank steak against the grain and serve with the roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato wedges on the side.
Calorie Breakdown: This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
- 350 calories
- 26g protein
- 26g carbohydrates
- 16g fat
- 7g fiber
Note: Calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size.