- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Place the shrimp in a separate bowl and pour half of the marinade over them. Toss to coat the shrimp evenly. Let them marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto the soaked wooden skewers, alternating with watermelon chunks.
- Brush the grill grates with oil to prevent sticking. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Grill the watermelon for about 1-2 minutes per side, just until lightly charred.
- While grilling, brush the remaining marinade over the skewers to enhance the flavors.
- Once done, remove the skewers from the grill and let them cool slightly.
- Serve the Grilled Watermelon and Shrimp Skewers as a main dish or appetizer. Garnish with fresh herbs like cilantro or mint, and squeeze some extra lime juice over the top, if desired.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 15g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy the unique combination of flavors and textures with these Grilled Watermelon and Shrimp Skewers. This dish is not only delicious but also provides a good amount of protein and other essential nutrients. It's a perfect option for a healthy and light meal.