- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium cauliflower, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, ground paprika, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the salmon fillets.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the salmon fillets in the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer the seared salmon fillets to the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is baking, prepare the cauliflower couscous. Heat butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the grated or finely chopped cauliflower to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until it becomes tender but still retains a slight crunch.
- Stir in the chopped fresh parsley, chopped dried apricots, and sliced almonds. Cook for another 2 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Remove the skillet from heat and drizzle the lemon juice over the cauliflower couscous. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Moroccan Spiced Salmon alongside the cauliflower couscous.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 420
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 8g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and textures with this Moroccan Spiced Salmon with Cauliflower Couscous. It's a nutritious and satisfying dish that is rich in protein and packed with aromatic spices. Perfect for a healthy and flavorful dinner option.