- 14 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional, for non-vegetarian version)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (for non-vegetarian version)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tofu, soy sauce, oyster sauce (if using), and fish sauce (if using). Let it marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and sliced red chili pepper to the hot oil and stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the marinated tofu to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add sliced bell pepper and mushrooms to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in the basil leaves and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the leaves wilt.
- Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper, adjusting the flavors to your preference.
- Remove from heat and serve the Spicy Thai Basil Tofu Stir-Fry over steamed rice or noodles.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 278
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy the vibrant and flavorful Spicy Thai Basil Tofu Stir-Fry as a satisfying and healthy meal option. This dish is packed with protein from tofu and offers a delightful blend of spices and aromatics. It's a perfect choice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.