- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Gently remove the stems from the Portobello mushroom caps and discard them. Place the caps on the prepared baking sheet, gill-side up.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked lentils, crumbled goat cheese, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the lentil and goat cheese mixture evenly into each mushroom cap, pressing it down gently.
- Place the stuffed mushroom caps in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 215
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 2g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
These Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps with Lentils and Goat Cheese are a delicious and nutritious option for a vegetarian meal. The lentils provide a good source of plant-based protein and fiber, while the goat cheese adds a creamy and tangy flavor. Enjoy these stuffed mushroom caps as a main dish or as a flavorful side.