Tuna and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cans (5 oz each) tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, broccoli, and carrots), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, and sesame oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the mixed vegetables. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the drained tuna to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the tuna and vegetable mixture and stir to coat. Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- To serve, divide the brown rice among four bowls and top with the tuna and vegetable stir-fry. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Calorie Breakdown: This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
- 370 calories
- 22g protein
- 52g carbohydrates
- 8g fat
- 6g fiber
Note: Calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size.