Veggie and tofu stir-fry with brown rice
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, and water.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced bell peppers to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and stir until the vegetables are coated. Add the cooked tofu back to the pan and toss to combine.
- Serve the stir-fry with brown rice and optional garnish of sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Calorie Breakdown: This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
- 290 calories
- 14g protein
- 38g carbohydrates
- 10g fat
- 5g fiber
Note: Calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size.