- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons lemongrass, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or alternative sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional for spice)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine minced lemongrass, minced garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, ground black pepper, and chili flakes (if using). Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish or resealable bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is coated evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight for best flavor.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and place them on the preheated grill. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked, transfer the grilled chicken thighs to a serving platter and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the chicken thighs into strips and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 320
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy the vibrant and flavorful Vietnamese-style Grilled Lemongrass Chicken as a delicious and protein-packed main dish. The lemongrass, garlic, and soy sauce create a fragrant and tangy marinade that infuses the chicken with authentic Vietnamese flavors. Serve it with steamed rice, noodles, or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying meal.