Zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs and tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked meatballs back to the skillet and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- While the meatballs are cooking, spiralize the zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer.
- Heat a separate large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- To serve, divide the zucchini noodles among four plates and top with the turkey meatballs and tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Calorie Breakdown: This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
- 380 calories
- 30g protein
- 25g carbohydrates
- 19g fat
- 5g fiber
Note: Calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size.