For the Buddha Bowl:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup edamame beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, crushed peanuts
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Water, as needed to thin the sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the peanut sauce until smooth. Add water gradually to achieve desired consistency. Set aside.
- Assemble the Buddha Bowl by dividing the cooked quinoa into serving bowls.
- Arrange the mixed greens, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, edamame beans, red bell pepper, avocado, radishes, green onions, and sesame seeds on top of the quinoa.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce over the Buddha Bowl or serve it on the side.
- If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- Serve the Asian-Inspired Buddha Bowl immediately and enjoy!
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 9g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
This Asian-Inspired Buddha Bowl is a nourishing and balanced meal packed with flavors and nutrients. The combination of quinoa, mixed greens, colorful vegetables, and creamy peanut sauce offers a satisfying and wholesome experience. Customize the bowl with your favorite toppings and enjoy the delicious fusion of textures and tastes. It's a perfect option for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner.