- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 cup pickled ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Optional toppings: sliced nori seaweed, chopped scallions, soy sauce
- Remove the stem and leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until they resemble rice-like grains. Be careful not to over-process, as you want a rice-like texture.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is tender. Alternatively, you can sauté the cauliflower rice in a skillet with a little oil until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the cooked cauliflower rice and toss to combine. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Divide the cauliflower rice into serving bowls. Top with sliced avocado, julienned carrot, julienned cucumber, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds. Feel free to add any other toppings of your choice, such as sliced nori seaweed or chopped scallions.
- Serve the Cauliflower Rice Sushi Bowls as is or drizzle with additional soy sauce for added flavor.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 180
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 6g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy this Cauliflower Rice Sushi Bowl as a low-carb and nutritious alternative to traditional sushi. The cauliflower rice provides a light and fluffy base, while the fresh vegetables and toppings add color, texture, and flavor. Customize your bowl with your favorite sushi ingredients and enjoy a satisfying and healthy meal.