- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Thread the halloumi cheese, bell pepper chunks, zucchini slices, red onion wedges, and cherry tomatoes onto the soaked wooden skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Place the skewers on a platter or baking sheet and brush the marinade over the vegetables and halloumi, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Carefully place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, or until the vegetables are tender and the halloumi is slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and transfer them to a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves for added freshness and aroma.
- Serve the Grilled Veggie and Halloumi Skewers as a delicious and flavorful appetizer or main course.
Calorie breakdown per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
Note: The calorie count may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
Enjoy these Grilled Veggie and Halloumi Skewers as a delightful and healthy option for your next barbecue or gathering. The combination of grilled vegetables and savory halloumi cheese provides a burst of flavors and textures. The marinade adds a tangy and aromatic element to the skewers. Serve them as a standalone dish or alongside a fresh salad or whole grain. These skewers are sure to impress your guests and satisfy your cravings for a delicious and nutritious meal.